The remedies do not bring about success directly but they just help overcome the obstacles and difficult situations. Remedies cannot substitute the efforts that are mandatory to achieve the goals. In Vedic astrology, gemstones are recommended based on your horoscope. It is believed that by wearing these prescribed gemstones you can overcome the obstacles in your chart. The cause of unhappy relationships or lack of success can be astrological. Wearing a certain gemstone may turn your love life and career around so you can have a fulfilling relationship.
Gems affects the subtle energy field, which emanates from every living thing, where our energetic and emotional habits, thought patterns, belief systems, and so on reside. The energy pattern of a gem directly affects one’s emotional and mental energies, and over a period of time this promotes long-lasting changes.
But the correct use of Gems is quite necessary. Gems are classified in to two types : Hot And Cold. Ruby, Red coral, Diamond and Cat’s eye are Hot gems whereas Pearl, Topaz, Blue Sapphire and Gomed are Cold in nature. We select Gems to increase the efficiency or for removal of the deficiency. These remedial stones act in two ways; one is by its spectrum effects and other is by radioactive effects. When a ring is worn, Gem goes on continuously vibrating its power which is absorbed in the individual aura. The protective aura thus becomes powerful to resist any untoward vibrations coming from external sources.
The five methods of choosing gemstones :
- The first is determined by one’s birth ‘rasi’ or zodiac (Moon) sign.
- The Second method is based on one’s birth constellation or ‘naksatra’.
- The third choice is based on one’s lagna or ‘rising sun’.
- The forth way to choose one’s planetary gem is based on prefrences. If a person is attracted to the influence of a particular stone, and provided it isn’t a dangerous planetary gem or harmful in their horoscope then one can use the gem for one’s liking.
- The fifth and most specific method is based on the prescription of a qualified ‘Astrologer’. The astrologer on the basis of birth horoscope studies the position of nine planets. And determine which planet(s) would be most benefecial to strengthen. Time periods for using certain gemstones may also be prescribed based on one’s Mahadasa or ‘major planetary periods’, Antardasha or ‘sub-periods’, as well as other astrological considerations.